Followers

Tuesday 15 January 2013

The Dr. Marten's Way of Life

I quite literally live in my Dr. Marten's, I wear them almost everyday and feel somewhat incomplete without them. My boot of choice is the classic cherry red, they're falling to pieces but I regularly polish them to restore their glow.


This post is called 'the Dr. Marten's way of life' and I shall explain why, to me these boots are more than just a fashion statement, they resemble the music and culture that I find so fascinating. Famously worn by punks and skinheads, now you'll find them being worn by bohemian teens and general cool cats. When you see someone in the street with a pair of Docs on, there's an unspoken connection between you which says 'I like your choice of shoe, we could be friends'. And as you can see, the best people wear Dr. Martens.

My Dr. Marten's go everywhere with me, from college to music festivals. There's never an occasion when they're inappropriate.
Recently I was visiting the Dr. Marten's shop in Nottingham and saw the brilliant £20.12 sale. Incase you missed it, on Boxing day Dr. Marten's shops sold the pairs of used boots given out to 2012 Olympic volunteers for only £20.12, I bought myself a pair and a pair for my best friend who is also a daily Doc wearer.
If you haven't got a pair yourself, swiftly direct you attention to www.store.drmartens.co.uk and have a browse.
I don't mean to be rude, but this is the end of the post so kindly fuck off.
Love Eve
x

2 comments:

  1. hey thanks for stopping by my blog. i don't see a follow gadget on your blog tho :S

    oliveneedspopeye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's right at the very bottom i think, i've had a rearrange :)

    ReplyDelete