Followers

Saturday 19 January 2013

Don't Judge Book Club

I am fully aware that when I say I attend a monthly book club I sound geeky and lame but I must confess, I love it. A grand total of 3 students and our teacher get together, have a cup of tea and some cake and discuss a book. I suggest anyone who loves reading and cake should try and arrange a book club; you get to read books you wouldn't otherwise consider and to be honest, it's rather fun.

Books that have the book club seal of approval: The Marriage Plot (Jeffrey Eugenides) literature student Madeline falls in love with manic depressive Leonard, leaving her other admirer Mitchell alone, searching for spiritual guidance as he travels the world. One Day (David Nicholls) classic love story, set on the 15th of July every year for twenty years. Room (Emma Donoghue) a horrifying story told from the point of view of a five year old who's whole life has been spent living inside a small room. Any Human Heart (William Boyd) the journals of Logan Mountstuart as he travels the world during the 20th century. Catch 22 (Joseph Heller) each chapter is written by a different World War 2 airman.
I'd recommend any of these books (except Catch 22) to anyone who loves reading.
 Do you have any book recommendations?


No comments:

Post a Comment